The mission of the Department of Industrial & Engineering Technology is to
- Provide curricula to prepare students for technical and technical management-orientated employment in business, industry, education and government, which is vital to the region and the state.
- Prepare students to apply and manage technology to solve practical problems.
- Provide state-of-the-art facilities, instructional programs, experiential learning and research experiences for students to develop linkages between theory and practice.
- Provide synergy between traditional classroom teaching and practical “hands-on” learning using state-of-the-art laboratory facilities for all programs offered in the department.
- Encourage and support continuous faculty development in order to encourage faculty to remain current with technology relevant to their instructional areas of responsibility through professional and applied research activities.
- Utilize faculty and student expertise to provide professional assistance to related businesses and industries in the area.