High school graduates from throughout the world are eligible to study English in the
Intensive English Program (IEP) at Southeast Missouri State University.
- No prior knowledge of English is required for admission.
- Students from absolute beginning to advanced levels of English proficiency are eligible.
- Many students who meet general admission requirements, but lack the required English
proficiency, may apply for entry into the IEP along with conditional admission to
undergraduate or graduate programs of study.
- Conditionally admitted students may enter undergraduate studies upon their successful
completion of the IEP or by submitting the required TOEFL or IELTS score in a future
- Other students apply to the IEP to increase their English proficiency before continuing
their education or other interests elsewhere.
Students may apply for IEP sessions at the time of year most convenient to them. Our
undergraduate sessions begin in January, March, June, August and October. Grad CAP
sessions begin in January and August.
For more information on the application requirements for the IEP, please see our checklist
To complete our online application, please visit: http://www.semo.edu/international/apply.