The 2013 Student Life & Leadership Awards ceremony is scheduled for 5:00 p.m. Friday, April 19 in the University Center Ballroom. The event is invitation only.
About the Awards
The Student Life and Leadership Awards program was established to honor students, student organizations, and University professionals who support the intellectual, professional, personal, social, and cultural needs of the community. Specifically, we seek to honor those persons and groups who successfully facilitate the following tasks within the community:
- Integrate the pursuit of knowledge with the realistic and practical needs of the community.
- Advocate for full participation by all as equal partners in the community of scholars.
- Create opportunities for student learning beyond the classroom.
- Implement services which maintain, foster, and enhance the quality of campus life.
- Develop activities for students to evaluate, access, and effectively implement career/life plans and goals.
- Enhance students’ worth and dignity.
- Recognize the uniqueness of students.
We get relatively few opportunities to formally thank and recognize significant contributors to students’ lives. The Student Life and Leadership Awards program provides one such opportunity. The nine awards include:
- President’s Spirit of Southeast Award
- Provost Award
- Experiential Learning Award
- University Contributor Award
- First-Year Student Award
- Outstanding Student Organization Award
- Outstanding Advisor Award
- Civic Engagement Award
- Student Life Achievement Recognition Award
If you have questions regarding the Student Life & Leadership Awards, please contact Campus Life & Event Services by calling (573) 651-2280 or via e-mail at email@example.com.