The CSI is located on the second floor of the University Center (204).
Completed in fall 2005, the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) is designed to provide a central space for Southeast students. It contains space where students can work, gather together, hang out, and use the resources provided by the University Center. The CSI provides many opportunities for student leaders and is open to all students. The CSI also serves as office space for several student organizations including Student Government.
|Monday-Thursday||9:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 5:00pm|
The CSI contains many FREE resources for ALL students:
- Big screen TV
- E-mail work stations
- Study cubicles
- Conference room, available for reservation
- Paper cutter
FREE resources are also available for registered student organizations:
- Student organization mailboxes
- Conference room
- Work cubicles
- Storage lockers
- Ice breaker & leadership resource library
- Butcher block paper
- Sidewalk chalk
- Ellison Press, to cut letters for bulletin board, banners, large signs, etc.
- Poster making machine, 2 free per event
Services available to ALL students for a minimal cost:
Copies - $0.10/per copy
Poster making machine - $5.00 each
- The first two are free per event for registered student organizations, $5.00 for each additional.
- All others must pay $5.00 each.
- Use of the machine is free.
- Registered student organizations are provided paper by the CSI, all other individuals and groups must provide their own paper.
- Free for registered student organizations laminating reusable items such as signs and decorations.
- All others must pay $1.00/ft.
Butcher block paper
- Free for registered student organizations making large signs, banners, and bulletin boards.
- All others must pay $0.10/ft.
Student Organization Mailboxes
All registered student organizations are assigned a campus mailbox. For most organizations, this is located directly outside the CSI. To have mail sent to your organization, use the following mailing address:Organization name
One University Plaza MS 1800
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Panhellenic Council sororities and Interfraternity Council fraternities have boxes located in Towers, MS 0055, while Sport Clubs boxes are located in Recreation Services, MS 7100.
All written correspondence from Campus Life & Event Services as well as university account bills will be sent to this address. Please check the box regularly. If you forget your combination, the student worker can assist you.
Conference Room and Work Cubicles
The conference room in the Center for Student Involvement is available for reservation by student organizations. The space holds up to 10 people.
Three work cubicles with seating for two are available for reservation for two hour time blocks.
To reserve a cubicle or the conference room for a meeting call (573) 651-2896 or stop by the Center for Student Involvement and ask the student worker for assistance.
Student Organization Offices
The following offices are located in the CSI:
|Student Government President, Benny Dorris||204 P|
|Student Government Vice President, Greg Felock||204 N|
|Student Government Treasurer, Nick Maddock||204 M|
|Student Regent||204 L|
|Student Judicial Advocate||204 K|
|Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.||204 U|
|Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity||204 J|
|Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.||204 A|
|Greek Councils||204 T|
|Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.||204 B|
|Southeast Leadership Programs (FyLP and Emerging Leaders)||204 D|
|Student Activities Council (SAC)||204 S|