A limited number of assistantships are available for qualified students in the Harrison
College of Business. The Graduate School requires students applying for an assistantship
to present a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.7. The assistantship provides
a stipend plus a waiver of all fees.
The purpose of a Graduate Assistantship is intended to support the recruitment of
highly qualified students into the graduate program. A secondary purpose is to support
current students who have demonstrated outstanding success in the graduate work they
Graduate Assistantship in the Harrison College of Business
For those individuals seeking a graduate assistantship in the Harrison College of
Business the following items are required:
- Admission to the Graduate School and the MBA Program.
- Current Resume.
- Letter of Application, which includes information, related to the following: previous
academic performance, business experience, computer processing and programming skills,
statistical knowledge, and literature research experience. Please include the web
address of your You-Tube video (see next bullet.)
- Personal interview with MBA Director and personal video on You-Tube providing answer
to two questions: 1. Why are you applying for a GA position; 2. What are the unique skills you bring
to a GA position? (If it is not possible to interview personally with director, the You-Tube video
will be sufficient.)
MBA Selection Process
- Application and Acceptance letter on file
- Transcript on file
- GPA (Academic Performance - Undergraduate and/or Current Graduate GPA).
- Skills and Experiences (on resume)
- Business Experience
- Computer Skills
- Statistical Skills
- Library Skills
- Writing Skills
- Full-time students (Enrolled in at least 9 hours and maintaining good academic standing
as explained in General Provision #1 in the Graduate Bulletin).
- Graduate Assistants are not to take more than 12 hours per semester.
- A regular 9 month academic year (Fall, Spring) commitment, including an annual written
evaluation by supervisor.
- This academic research assistantship will include a written evaluation completed by
the assistant's immediate supervisor at the conclusion of the contract period.