Interested students must provide the following information:
- The preliminary and formal applications along with the letter of recommendation form are available online or can be picked up in the McNair office, University Center Room 414.
- A current Southeast Missouri State University degree audit report.
- Three letters of recommendation, two of them from faculty members.
- A copy of the first two pages of the most recent tax return. The tax return information is either from the parent/guardian of the applicant (showing the applicant claimed as a dependent) or an independently filed tax return.
- A two-page essay on why the applicant wants to participate in the McNair Program. Other items to be addressed in the essay are highlighted in the McNair Scholars Program application.
- Provide the anticipated date of graduation.
Use this online form to apply if you are interested in being a part of the McNair Scholars experience.