The Crisp Museum provides the university and area communities with opportunities to:
- Expand understanding of the fine arts
- Deepen knowledge of contemporary and historic cultures
- Enrich perceptions of the complex and essential relationships between humans and their material cultures
- Promote appreciation of the contributions of diverse peoples, cultures, and historic periods
- Engage in experiential learning and thereby realize increased self-understanding and knowledge
The Crisp Museum serves as a repository for significant historical and cultural objects of regional and national importance. In this capacity the museum house, preserve, exhibit, interpret, augment, and refine its collections of art, historical objects, and archaeological artifacts.