Regents to Consider FY 12 Operating, Auxiliary Budgets
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo., June 28, 2011 -- The Southeast Missouri State University Board of Regents will consider approving proposed fiscal 2012 operating budgets for the University and its auxiliary units when it meets at 10 a.m. June 29 in Glenn Auditorium of Robert A. Dempster Hall.
The first item of business will be consideration of a motion to go into a closed session for appropriate considerations.
When the open session reconvenes, the Regents are expected to announce any actions taken during the closed session. The next item of business will be consideration of the proposed $96.7 million fiscal 2012 operating and $34.8 million auxiliary budgets. The Regents also will consider the annual capital budget request for fiscal 2013 to be submitted to the Missouri Department of Higher Education.
The Board also will consider a slate of consent items, including several academic program changes:
• Adding a new program in English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Undergraduate Certificate
• Adding new minors in health management entrepreneurship and fashion entrepreneurship
• Changing the title of the bachelor of science in business administration degree in organizational administration to the bachelor of science in business administration degree in business administration
• Renaming the industrial management option on the bachelor of science in technology management to the industrial and safety management option
• Renaming the non-capstone option in criminal justice to the comprehensive examination option
• Splitting the criminal justice internship or capstone seminar option into the internship option and the capstone seminar option
• Adding the multimedia journalism option on the bachelor of science in mass communications
• Deleting the radio option on the bachelor of science in mass communications
• Deleting the bachelor of arts in mass communications program
The Regents will hear the President’s Report, which will include consultant presentations on renovations in Academic and Magill halls; a progress report on contracts and Facilities Management projects; the AQIP Report; and the Missouri Department of Higher Education’s approval of academic program changes. They also will receive a brochure on the River Campus 2011-2012 season of events.
The Board will consider a motion to go into a closed executive session for appropriate considerations. When the open session reconvenes, the final item of business will be consideration of a motion to adjourn.