Regents Considering New Academic Space, Residence Hall at River Campusby News Bureau on
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo., Oct. 18, 2012 – The Southeast Missouri State University Board of Regents will consider the feasibility of constructing new academic space and a residence hall at the River Campus and authorizing the University to contract for architectural and engineering services for the projects when it meets Oct. 19.
The meeting is scheduled for 1 p.m. in the Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Room 112.
The Regents also will consider a resolution declaring the University’s intent to reimburse certain project costs with bond proceeds and authorizing certain actions in connection with the proposed bond issuance.
In addition, the Board will consider renewing the charter for The Lift for Life Academy in St. Louis and a resolution for the University to participate in the Southeast Metropolitan Planning Organization.
The Regents will consider several consent items:
• A Faculty Senate bill on an Incomplete Grades Policy;
• Academic program changes, including changing the name of the Bachelor of Science in Education, Industrial Education, to the Bachelor of Science in Education, Engineering Technology Education; and deleting the child life services minor;
• Reappointment of Dr. Rhonda Weller-Stilson, associate dean of the College of Liberal Arts and director of the Earl and Margie Holland School of Visual and Performing Arts, as a Southeast representative on the River Campus Board of Managers;
• Reappointment of Dr. Beth Easter, associate professor of health, human performance and recreation and director of the sport management program, as a Southeast representative on the Show Me Center Board of Managers; and
• Approval of the Ohio Valley Conference Governing Board Certification Form.
The Board also will hear several reports from the president.
The final item on the agenda will be consideration of a motion to go into a closed session for appropriate considerations. When the open session reconvenes, the final item on the agenda will be consideration of a motion to adjourn.