Become a part of Southeast's newest tradition!
Want a jumpstart on getting involved on campus?
Interested in campus tradition?
Ready to meet new friends?
What is CampRedhawk?
CampRedhawk is a summer leadership camp designed for new students preparing to enter
their first semester at Southeast Missouri State University. It will offer an introduction
to campus life and traditions, immerse you in school spirit, and introduce you to
other new Redhawks. You will become more familiar with campus and the community where
you will spend the next four years.
Is CampRedhawk for me?
If you are enthusiastic about your upcoming college experience, and like meeting new
people, CampRedhawk is for you!
When is CampRedhawk?
There are two remaining sessions of CampRedhawk in the summer of 2014.
July 9-12 (Session is full!)
July 13-16 (Session is full!)
What will we do at CampRedhawk?
You'll be busy! Activities will include:
- Southeast's new high ropes course
- Competing in team challenges
- Getting to know campus and Cape Girardeau
- Learning tips and tricks for involvment and success from current student leaders
- Experiencing the "Redhawks Rally"
What do I need to bring?
- Insurance information
- Comfortable, casual clothing
- Active wear for physical activities
- Tennis shoes or other footwear suitable for significant walking and activities
- Swim suit and towel
- Personal toiletries and towel for bathroom
- Bed linens, including pillows
- Day pack- backpack or other bag you can keep with you during the day
- Reusable, refillable water bottle
- Sunblock and bug spray
- Light snacks
- While no money beyond the cost of the camp is required, we do advise students to bring
some spending money for outside snacks or treats, visits to the bookstore, etc.
- Small fan
Are there things I cannot bring?
Yes. Please view this list.
What does CampRedhawk cost?
The fee for CampRedhawk is $160.00, and will be billed to you after your arrival at
The fee cannot be covered by university scholarship awards or financial aid; however,
limited scholarships for participants with demonstrated financial need are available.
I'm in! Where do I sign up?
All sessions for this summer are currently full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, Southeast ID number, and date preference to be placed on a waiting