Questions about Transfer Credits for Courses

If I have successfully completed graduate courses similar to those required by the Southeast MSN program in an accredited graduate program, can the credits be transferred?
The director of graduate studies will review courses during the admissions process based on a written request by the applicant. If the courses are deemed equivalent to the Southeast MSN courses, they may be transferred. No more than 12 credit hours of equivalent course work with a grade of "B" or better may be transferred. Transfer credit must be approved by the Director of Graduate Studies and is applied to a program at candidacy. Before enrolling for credit at another institution, prior approval must be obtained from the Director of Graduate Studies if currently enrolled in the MSN program. It is important to note that the six-year time frame for completion of the degree begins with the oldest transferred course.

What is the procedure for determining if transfer courses are equivalent?
Students are responsible for submitting a complete course syllabus for consideration of any transfer credit. This material is then reviewed by the appropriate nursing faculty who will notify the Director of Graduate Studies regarding equivalence.


Crisp Hall 213
Department of Nursing
One University Plaza, MS 8300
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701