- Assist the student with the development of individualized learning objectives.
- At the beginning of the semester, validate student has CPR certification, TB skin
test and the results of a criminal background check on file.
- Provide faculty oversight of student clinical experiences, using multiple methods
of supervision: phone, e-mail, on-site visits and scheduled meetings.
- Maintain communication with preceptor, using multiple methods to include: e-mail,
phone, on-site visits and scheduled meetings.
- Provide to the preceptor written guidelines for what the student can and cannot do
in the clinical area.
- Be available to assist in resolving any problems or conflicts that the preceptor and
student have not been able to mutually resolve to their satisfaction.
- Assume the ultimate responsibility for the student’s evaluation, incorporating information
from the preceptor and the student.