- Establish contact with the preceptor at the beginning of the semester in which the
student enrolls in course(s).
- Develop written individualized learning objectives for clinical practice, which are
approved by the faculty member and the preceptor.
- Keep a weekly log that includes evidence of the student’s progress toward meeting
the learning objectives.
- Collaborate with the preceptor to plan learning experiences that will facilitate meeting
course and individual objectives.
- Arrive at the clinical site on time and prepared for each scheduled experience. In
case of illness or tardiness, the student will call both the preceptor and the faculty
member before scheduled to arrive at the clinical site.
- Dress according to the dress codes for the Department of Nursing and for the clinical
agency, including student name tag.
- Maintain current CPR certification and tuberculin skin test and have all required
health records and results of a criminal background check on file with the Department
- Not serve as a witness for operative or procedure permits or other legal documents.