Admission Process for RN-BSN Online Program
The admission process for the RN to BSN Online Program is a two-part process, requiring
separate applications to both the University and the Nursing Department. Our online
program specialist, Cindy Parker, is happy to help you through the admissions process.
You can contact her at 573-651-2766 or email@example.com.
University Application (New Students)
- Apply online at http://www.semo.edu/admissions/apply.htm
- When selecting your major please make sure to select Nursing RN-BSN.
- Request official transcripts be sent to Southeast from all colleges or universities
you have attended. Have them mailed to:
Southeast Missouri State University
Office of Admissions
One University Plaza, MS 3550
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
After Acceptance to the University
Following your acceptance to the University, an advisor from the Southeast Online
office will review your transcripts and inform you whether or not you have the prerequisites
necessary for admission to the RN-BSN Online program. All or nearly all non-nursing
courses must have been completed before the student will be considered for admission
to the program. An overview of the prerequisites and requirements needed for admission
to the program can be found at Prerequisites and Requirements for the RN-BSN Online Program
In addition, you must:
- Have a minimum Cumulative 2.8 GPA that is indicated on your Southeast Missouri State
University Detailed Degree Works. To access your Degree Works, click the Student tab
in your MySoutheast account and then click on DegreeWorks Student.
- Have a valid nursing license in the state in which you practice and have successfully
completed the following: Anatomy & Physiology I and II, Microbiology, English Composition
II, Chemistry and the majority of the non-nursing courses.
- Meet all requirements in "Certified Background Check". A code will be given to you
to subscribe to this service once the Director of the RN-BSN program and the Southeast
online advisor have verified that all criteria listed above is met.
- If you are a student in or a graduate of an Associatie's Degree program and would
like to know which courses will transfer, please follow this link: Nursing Self-Review of Transcripts