I pay all my son's fees, but when I call the Registrar asking for his grades, they won't let me see them. How can I get copies?


You can get a copy of your student's grades only with his/her written permission. The authorized form for that permission can be downloaded from the Registrar's Web site at http://www2.semo.edu/registrar/forms/.

College students are considered to be adults with all the responsibilities and rights to privacy that adult status entails.Southeast Missouri State University complies with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, also called the Buckley Amendment, which promotes student privacy by limiting the information that colleges and universities are allowed to give out about individual students. To review FERPA, consult the U.S. Department of Education Web site at: http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/faq.html