Graduates have been very successful at filling technical and technical management
and supervision positions in the industry. The combination of technical and managerial
training serves them well in working with and communicating between production employees
and engineering/management personnel to improve production efficiency. Area companies
that have traditionally hired engineering graduates are now hiring our industrial
technology graduates and finding them to be very successful. Examples of job titles
and companies hiring our graduates include:
- Management Trainee - Noranda Aluminum - New Madrid, Mo.
- Cut-Off Engineering - Walker Manufacturing - St. Ligonier, Ind.
- Control System Engineer - Dynalogic Engineering - St. Louis, Mo.
- Production Supervisor - Engineered Products - Hazelwood, Mo.
- Area Sales Manager - Brook Hansen, Inc. - Houston, Texas
- Technician II - Butler Manufacturing - Kansas City, Mo.
- Water Plant Operator - Butler County - Brosely, Mo.
- Potroom Foreman - Noranda Aluminum - New Madrid, Mo.
- Supplier Quality Engineer - Bergstron Inc. - Rockford, Ill.
- Packaging Specialist - TG(USA) - Perryville, Mo.
- Route Sales - Continental Baking - St. Louis, Mo.
- Floor Process Technician - Dana Corporation - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Designer 3 - Barge, Waccoper, Simmer & Cannon - Nashville, Tenn.
- Quality Assurance Manager - Stark Manufacturing - Charleston, Mo.
- Buyer - Production Parts - Kantus Corporation - Lewisburg, Tenn.
- Draftsman - Char-Broil - Columbus, Ga.
- Plant Manager - NPS Corporation - South Boston, Va.
- Sales - Schott Electric - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Machining Supervisor - Briggs & Stratton - Poplar Bluff, Mo.
- Cellular Technician - Southwestern Bell Mobile Systems - St. Louis, Mo.
- Manufacturing Engineer - Tru Manufacturing - St. Charles, Mo.
- Consumer Marketing Rep - United Tobacco Co. - Greenwich, Conn.
- Line Supervisor - Chrysler Corporation - Fenton, Mo.
- Manufacturing Engineer - TG(USA) - Perryville, Mo.
- Production Technician - Storz Instruments - St. Louis, Mo.
- Industrial Engineer - Lee Rowan - Jackson, Mo.
- Manufacturing Engineer- Gates Rubber Company - Charleston, Mo.
- Quality Assurance - Spartech Plastics - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Quality Control Manager - NPS - Perryville, Mo.
- Highway Design Technician - Missouri Highway Department - Sikeston, Mo.
- Production Technician - Procter & Gamble - St. Louis, Mo.
- Industrial Electrician - Noranda Aluminum - New Madrid, Mo.
- Project Manager - Christ & Assoc. Architects & Planners - Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.
- Process Engineer - Paulo Products Co. - St. Louis, Mo.
- Associate Engineer - Link Electronics - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Quality Engineer - Continco - St. Louis, Mo.
- Quality Engineer - Smith & Nephew Rehard Inc. - Memphis, Tenn.
- Quality Assurance Engineer - Cardis Corporation - Miami, Fla.
- Production Supervisor - TG(USA) - Perryville, Mo.
- Production Coordinator - James Mulligan Publishing Company - St. Louis, Mo.
- Tool & Production Planner - Boeing Company - Denver, Colo.
- Quality Control Technician - M & W Packaging Company - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Quality Inspector - Diagraph Corporation - Earth City, Mo.
- Quality Control Director - NPS Corporation - Perryville, Mo.
- Quality Control - United Engineering - Imperial, Mo.
- Supplier Quality Analyst - Briggs & Stratton - Poplar Bluff, Mo.
- Quality Supervisor - Arvin Automotive - Dexter, Mo.
- Mechanical Designer - Fru-Con Engineers - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- CAD and Drafting - Fru-Con Engineers - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Production Manager - CAD Lab Inc. - Charleston, Mo.
- Planning Engineer - City of Jackson - Jackson, Mo.
- Project Engineer - St. Francis Hospital - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Manufacturing Engineer - McDonnell Douglas - St. Louis, Mo.
- Plant Manager - Dexter Plant - IXL Manufacturing - Bernie, Mo.
- Process Analyst - Biokyawa, Inc. - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Technical Field Sales Representative - Spartech Plastics - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Production Manager - Ralston-Purina - Alabama
- Environmental Engineer - Lone Star Industries - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Vendor Evaluator - TG(USA) - Perryville, Mo.
- Bio-Med Technician - St. Francis Hospital - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Lab Technician - M & W Packaging - Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- The Missouri State Plan for Postsecondary Technical Education identified Southeast
Missouri State University as one of only three baccalaureate institutions having an
essential role in the implementation of the statewide plan.
- Southeast's Department of Polytechnic Studies programs were recognized in the plan
for their reputation of producing quality graduates, having.
- The Missouri Coordinating Board of Higher Education has recognized the Technology
Management program at Southeast as a "Center of Excellence in Advanced Manufacturing
- Average class size is 22 with student advisee to faculty ratio being 25:1
- Most faculty have doctoral degrees and significant related industrial experience
- A leader in placement of graduates in professional careers with great salaries
- There are more requests for internships than there are students available for interviews
- Nationally accredited programs
- International award-winning Society of Manufacturing Engineers Student Chapter
The Otto & Della Seabaugh Polytechnic Building houses the Department of Polytechnic
Studies offices, classrooms and laboratories; the College of Science, Technology,
& Agriculture Advising Center; the Dean of College of Science, Technology, & Agriculture
administrative offices; and the Technology Resource Center.
The Department of Polytechnic Studies offers several special events throughout the
year to current students, prospectives students and their families, and area teachers