What is Engineering Technology?
Engineering technology emphasizes the application of scientific and engineering techniques
to a variety of real-world problems. Application is the key word in this definition,
in that engineering technology emphasizes practical applications as well as theory.
Engineering technologists work in the job spectrum between the engineer and the skilled
technician, with responsibilities closest to those of the engineer.
Once you graduate from Southeast with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology
you will have the technical expertise and ability to enter the Engineering Technology
job market. To prepare our graduates to meet those challenges within the first few
years after graduation, Southeast's BSET program:
- Develops within our graduates the ability to communicate effectively.
- Develops within our graduates the technical proficiency needed for the engineering
technology practice, which will also serve as a foundation to engage in life-long
- Develops graduates who can effectively use technology for problem solving, decision
making, implementation, management, and optimization of systems and processes.
- Develop within our graduates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
and an understanding of issues related to diversity and global community.
- Develops within our graduates an understanding of the need to maintain the highest
ethical and professional standards and a commitment to protect the public interest,
safety, and the environment.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology
- Electrical and Control
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Systems