Students who choose the Technology Management major, with the Computer and Multimedia
Graphics option, study the communications industry, with an emphasis in multimedia
graphics and photography. A variety of computer-related applications and hardware
are introduced and studied. Students will learn the basics of graphic design, web
design, multimedia animation, & photography.
What Will I Study in This Major and Option?
The Computer and Multimedia Graphics option is designed to provide you with a background
in the technical communication industry. The program emphasizes
- 2-D and 3-D design
- webpage design, video editing
- video editing
- multimedia design
- computer graphics and animation
- graphic design
- digital photography
- commercial photography
In certain instances, specific University Studies courses are required for a degree.
Courses are updated regularly, so be sure to meet with your advisor to design your
In the Computer and Multimedia Graphics option, students will:
- Be exposed to a dual platform for graphics so you will have experience in both PC
and Macintosh environments.
- Be introduced to communication technologies, philosophy of reproduction choices, methods
of printing, photography and darkroom applications, electronic publishing, presswork,
screen printing and other non-print communications.
- Use electronic equipment and software for the preparation of copy, including deign,
editing, and typography.
- Acquire and edit digital images. The digital still camera and its operation are stressed
along with computer image editing software.
- Be introduced to multimedia software, hardware, the integration of text, technical
graphics, sound, animation, webpage design, and CD/DVD publishing.
- Be introduced to the digital video camera and video editing suite, and produce personal
and corporate videos in individual and group settings.
- Be exposed to the following software:
- Microsoft FrontPage
- Final Cut Pro
- Sound Editing Software such as Cake Walk and Acid Works.
- Design Supervisor
- Graphic Developer
- Graphic/Flash Designer
- Process Safety Engineer
- Product Development and Testing
- Technology Coordinator
- Video Production/Editor
- Web Designer