BHP GEAR UP Scholarship
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be under 22 years of age and a graduate from high school within two years of the first award
- Must be enrolled full time at an approved postsecondary educational institution
- Must meet GEAR UP program participation eligibility requirements
- Must possess documented active participation in Bootheel Partnership GEAR UP
- Must have participated in high school extracurricular activities
- Must complete and submit a Fee Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1 to determine financial need
- Pell Grant-eligible students will receive GEAR UP scholarships prior to any other eligible students
- Must achieve the following high school cumulative GPA and ACT composite score:
- Have a high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Score 20 or higher on the ACT
Renewal of BHP GEAR UP Scholarship Guidelines (Pending Availability of Funds)
- Must be in good standing with the college or university attended
- Must be enrolled with at least 12 hours per semester of courses that count toward graduation
- Must provide proof of enrollment
- Must provide GEAR UP with an official transcript
- Scholarships will be issued as follows:
- Renewals may or may not be awarded in the same amount as initial award
- Renewals are available pending student meets all of the above and pending the availability of funds.
Official Transcripts and Proof of Enrollment required before renewals can occur.
For additional information please contact our office at (573) 651-5171.