- Base Length: 65 feet
- Pitcher’s Mound: 50 feet
- OUT OF PLAY: The back stop extended indefinitely down each baseline.
- Games will be played with ten players. A team may begin a game with a minimum of eight players.
- Balls will be provided by intramural sports
- Game time is forfeit time
- Games consist of seven innings or 50 minutes. No inning shall start after 50 minutes has elapsed from the start of the game. The plate umpire holds the official timepiece.
- Two complete innings constitutes a complete game. During a regular season and playoffs , games prior to two innings due to occurrences beyond our control will be replayed.
- 10 run rule after 5 innings; 15 after 4 innings; 20 after 3 innings.
- All team members must kick and any 10 players may play the field or 10 players may kick, 10 play the field, and the rest must substitute in.
- The ball has to cross the plate before it may be kicked.
- The kicker must contact the ball behind the kicking line. If, in the umpire’s discretion, the kicker contacts the ball past the line, the kicker will be called out and runners will return to the base occupied at the pitch
- If a base runner goes out of the base path to avoid being tagged, they are out . A player is not required to slide into a base, however, a player may not deliberately or other wise crash into, or take-out , a fielder who is attempting to make or complete a play
- A player kicking the ball can be forced out at a base or tagged out with the ball. If the ball is thrown at a runner to tag him/her out they must be hit below the chest.
- There is no stealing or leading off the base. A player may not leave a base until the ball is kicked.
- No steel-cleated shoes allowed. Shoes must be made of a soft, pliable sole.
- In order to prevent stalling tactics, an inning has officially started when the last kicker scores or is put out of the previous inning
- All substitutions must be reported to the score keeper. Any player may be substituted or replaced and re-entered once, providing players occupy the same batting positions whenever in the lineup. Players may not re-enter a second time. The starting player and his/her substitute may not be in the lineup at the same time. If a player re-enters the game a second time or a player re-enters the game in a position in the batting order other than their original starting position or substitute position, this is considered an illegal re-entry. PENALTY: The player who re-entered illegally is considered an illegal player and is restricted to the dugout. He/she may not participate for the remainder of the game.
- Teams are permitted (but not required) to have one (1) extra player (EP) in the lineup (meaning the team would bat eleven (11) players). This is simply considered an additional position, but the player doesn’t play in the field. However, the extra player may switch positions with a field player. The only stipulation is that the batting order may not change. A substitute may enter the game into the extra player’s position. That player is now considered the extra player. The extra player may bat anywhere in the lineup (But may not switch lineup positions with a substituted player). Teams that begin the game without an extra player (EP) may not use an extra player (EP) later in the game.
- In co-rec, if an extra player is used both a male and a female extra player are required. A co-rec team may have either 10 or 12 lineup spots but not 11. Teams that begin a game without extra players may not use extra players later in the game.
- If a player must leave the game and there is no substitute available, when it is that players turn to bat an out will be declared. If a runner must leave the game and there is no substitute available then the runner will be declared out.
Ball In/Out of Play
- The ball is out of play when it has wholly crossed the imaginary line of the backstop extended indefinitely down either baseline. When a ball is in play and overthrown (beyond the boundary lines) or is blocked, all runners will be awarded one base and the award will be governed by the positioning of runners when the ball left the fielder’s hand.
- Overthrows: All Runner(s) will be awarded two bases from the last base legally touched. The award will be governed by the position of the runner(s) when the ball left the throwers hand.
- Catch and Carry: If a player catches a fly ball in a playable territory, then goes out of play with the ball in their possession, the runner(s) advance one base (if intentional, the runner(s) advance two bases)
- The pitcher must take a position with both feet firmly on the ground and with one or both feet in contact with the pitcher’s plate. The pitcher’s pivot foot must be in contact with the pitcher’s plate throughout the delivery.
- The pitcher must roll the ball over the plate. If it is bounced it is declared a NO PITCH and the pitch must be repeated.
- Any unkicked ball crossing the plate is an out. One foul ball is allowed. The pitcher has 3 chances to get the ball over the plate. Not doing so will result in the kicker advancing to 1st base.
If a flagrant attempt is made to injure a participant striking him/her with the ball, this action will result in individual or team disqualification from the tournament.
CO-Rec Rule Modifications
- A co-rec line-up consists of 8, 9, 10, or 12 players. 10 players play in the field with 2 extra hitters (EH), one male and one female. Teams must have 8 players to begin a game. The following combinations are the only acceptable combinations: 4M / 4F, 5M / 4F, 4M / 5F, 5M / 5F, 6M / 6F.
- In the event that a team has nine players, that team may select to use all 9 players and take an out in the 10th position in the batting order. Then, all 9 players will be permitted to play defense. OR, the team may play with 8 players in the line-up & 1 substitute. No outs will be assessed in the batting order if they choose to play with 8 players, but only those 8 players may play in the field.
- The batting order shall alternate male and female batters.
- If a male batter is walked with 0 or 1 out, he will be awarded 2nd base and the next female MUST kick. If a male batter is walked with 2 outs, he will be awarded 2nd base and the female has the option of batting or taking a walk. If a female walks at anytime in the game, she will be awarded 1st base only.
- Co-rec defensive positioning shall include 2 males and 2 females in the outfield and the 2 males and 2 females in the infield. Males and females may be distributed on either side of the field in any way (males at 3B and SS OR males at SS and 1B, etc). Either the pitcher or catcher must be a female, the other a male.
- In the case of inclement weather, the Intramural Sports staff will not make a decision regarding the playing of games until after 3:00 pm. For information on cancellations, call the IM Rain Line at 651-5900.
- If inclement weather occurs after the closing of the Intramural office, decisions regarding the continuing of the games will be made on the field by the IM supervisors. If you have a question regarding whether a game will be played, call the IM Rain Line at 651-5900. This hotline is only updated when games are canceled. Pay special attention to the DATE on the message.
- When games are cancelled due to the weather, the fields will not be available for practice to avoid costly damage to the fields.
- A game stopped because of inclement weather is a regulation game if five or more innings (4 1/2 if the home team is ahead) have been played. In the event that a game is stopped in the middle of an inning, the official score will revert back to the score at the end of the last complete inning.