- Base Length: 65 feet
- Mound: 50 feet
- Out of Play: The back stop extended indefinitely down each baseline.
- Games will be played with ten players.
- A team may begin a game with a minimum of eight players.
- Games consist of seven innings or 50 minutes.
- No inning shall start after 50 minutes has elapsed from the start of the game.
- The plate umpire holds the official timepiece.
- 10 run rule after 5 innings; 15 after 4 innings; 20 after 3 innings.
- All team members must kick and any 10 players may play the field or 10 players may
kick, 10 play the field, and the rest must substitute in.
- The ball has to cross the plate before it may be kicked.
- A player kicking the ball can be forced out at a base or tagged out with the ball.
If the ball is thrown at a runner to tag him/her out they must be hit below the chest.
- There is no stealing or leading off the base. A player may not leave a base until
the ball is kicked.
- No steel-cleated shoes allowed. Shoes must be made of a soft, pliable sole.
Ball In/Out of Play
- The ball is out of play when it has wholly crossed the imaginary line of the backstop
extended indefinitely down either baseline.
- When a ball is in play and overthrown (beyond the boundary lines) or is blocked, all
runners will be awarded one base and the award will be governed by the positioning
of runners when the ball left the fielder’s hand.
- The pitcher must take a position with both feet firmly on the ground and with one
or both feet in contact with the pitcher’s plate.
- The pitcher’s pivot foot must be in contact with the pitcher’s plate throughout the
- The pitcher must roll the ball over the plate.
- If it is bounced it is declared ano pitchand the pitch must be repeated.
- Any unkicked ball crossing the plate is an out. One foul ball is allowed. The pitcher
has 3 chances to get the ball over the plate. Not doing so will result in the kicker
advancing to 1st base.
If a flagrant attempt is made to injure a participant striking him/her with the ball,
this action will result in individual or team disqualification from the tournament.
- There may be one more player of either gender on the playing field at one time.
- Kicking order shall alternate sexes.
- Failure to alternate sexes in the kicking order will result in an out.
- The kicking order shall remain the same throughout the game.
4 on 4 Sand Vollyball
- All players must show a valid Redhawks ID prior to participation in every game and
- Game time is forfeit time.
- Games will be played with no more than four players, and no less than three. At least
three players must be present to begin play.
- A match consists of three games to fifteen (15) points. The match will end when a
team has won two out of three games.
- Matches will have a time-limit of 30 minutes.
- In all games, a team must win by at least a 2-point margin.
- Games will be played using the rally scoring method.
- No referee or score-keeper will be provided by Intramural Sports. Teams are responsible
for keeping score and must report the winner to the Intramural Sports Supervisor immediately
following the match.
- Other than making clarifications of the rules, the Intramural Sports Supervisor shall
not make any decisions pertaining to disputes during play. A team may make a formal
protest in regard to a dispute, in which case, play will be stopped and the protest
ruled on by the Intramural Sports Supervisor.
- A coin toss will determine choice of court and service. Teams will switch sides of
the net after each game.
- The ball may be served anywhere on the end line.
- The ball must be cleanly hit. It should not be scooped or pushed. A player may use
any part of his/her body from the waist and above in the playing of the ball. Exception: A player may use their foot to play the ball as long as it is in contact with the
- A ball touching the body more than once is considered a double hit. A ball may not
be hit more than three (3) times before being returned over the net (a block does
not count as one of the three hits).
- No player may go over the net, except to follow through on a spike or block. In these
instances, contact with the net is illegal.
- Players will not be allowed to break the vertical plane of the net while blocking.
- There is no blocking or attacking on the serve.
- Open hand digs are allowed as long as they are not ruled as lifts.
- Under the net will be governed by the Advantage Rule. If the attacking team is hindered or disadvantaged by a defensive player under the
net in any capacity, the attacking team will receive the point and the ensuing serve.
- The serving team will announce the score before each serve.
- Let serves are legal. If a serve hits the net and goes over it will be live.
- Teams consist of 2 men and 2 women. Games may be started with no less than 3 players
(2 men and 1 woman or vice versa). At no time shall there be more than one more of
either gender playing on the court/field at one time.
- There are no stipulations as to the touching of the ball by both genders.