Sand Volleyball, 4-on-4
- All players must show a valid Redhawks ID prior to participation in every game and event.
- Game time is forfeit time.
- Games will be played with no more than four players, and no less than three. At least three players must be present to begin play.
- A match consists of three games to fifteen (15) points. The match will end when a team has won two out of three games.
- Matches will have a time-limit of 30 minutes.
- In all games, a team must win by at least a 2-point margin.
- Games will be played using the rally scoring method.
- No referee or score-keeper will be provided by Intramural Sports. Teams are responsible for keeping score and must report the winner to the Intramural Sports Supervisor immediately following the match.
- Other than making clarifications of the rules, the Intramural Sports Supervisor shall not make any decisions pertaining to disputes during play. A team may make a formal protest in regard to a dispute, in which case, play will be stopped and the protest ruled on by the Intramural Sports Supervisor.
- A coin toss will determine choice of court and service. Teams will switch sides of the net after each game.
- The ball may be served anywhere on the end line.
- The ball must be cleanly hit. It should not be scooped or pushed. A player may use any part of his/her body from the waist and above in the playing of the ball. Exception: A player may use their foot to play the ball as long as it is in contact with the sand.
- A ball touching the body more than once is considered a double hit. A ball may not be hit more than three (3) times before being returned over the net (a block does not count as one of the three hits).
- No player may go over the net, except to follow through on a spike or block. In these instances, contact with the net is illegal.
- Players will not be allowed to break the vertical plane of the net while blocking.
- There is no blocking or attacking on the serve.
- Open hand digs are allowed as long as they are not ruled as lifts.
- Under the net will be governed by the Advantage Rule. If the attacking team is hindered or disadvantaged by a defensive player under the net in any capacity, the attacking team will receive the point and the ensuing serve.
- The serving team will announce the score before each serve.
- Let serves are legal. If a serve hits the net and goes over it will be live.
- Teams consist of 2 men and 2 women. Games may be started with no less than 3 players (2 men and 1 woman or vice versa). At no time shall there be more than one more of either gender playing on the court/field at one time.
- There are no stipulations as to the touching of the ball by both genders.