- The object of the game is to score 21 (twenty-one) points.
- A washer that rests in the target box counts as 1 (one) point. (unless it is knocked out)
- A washer that ends in the PVC pipe hole in the target box counts as 3 (three) points.
- A washer that rests on the box [the wood 2’ x 4’s] counts as 1 (one) point.
- If the score is 11-0, the slaughter rule applies, and the team with 11 points wins.
Rules of Play
- Teams will consist of the Black Team and the Red Team. One player from the Black Team and one player from the Red team will stand at either box, across from their partner.
- To start the game, flip a coin to see which player will throw first. (For example, let's say the Red Team won the toss) Player A from the Red Teamwill then throw their set of 4 washers at the target box.
- When Player A from the Red Team has thrown his/her washers, the person standing next to them (from the opposing team and who will be referred to as Player A from the Black Team) will throw their 4 washers.
- Next, total all the points for each player. The difference between the two will determine the points scored for that team. [For example, if Player A from the Red Team scores a total of 3 points, and Player A from the Black Team scores a total of 1 point, you would subtract 1 from 3 (or, cancel the score out), so that the Red Team's new point total is 2 and the Black Team's new point total is 0]
- Now, the players opposite from the ones who started the game (Players B from the Red and Black Team) will proceed into round two, with the person from the team that scored last going first.
- The foul line is at the front of the box.
- Fouls are made when the throwing player passes the foul line with the washer still in his/her hand.
- All foul washers count as zeros and are removed if they land on/in the target box.
- The Red Team and the Black Team flip a coin to see who goes first.
- The Red Team wins the toss, and Player A from that team proceeds to throw their 4 washers.
- Then, Player A from the Black Team throws their 4 washers.
- When they are done, the total is such:
- Red Team: 3 points (all three washers landed in the target box)
- Black Team: 1 point (one washer landed in the target box)
- Red Team : 3 points (one washer landed through the hole in the target box)
- Black Team : 5 points (one washer landed through the hole in the target boxand two washers landed on the target box)