Note: All participants must present a valid Redhawks ID Card prior to play.
- Games will be played in the Student Recreation Center-North.
- Each team will consist of 4 players. The game will start with no less than 3 players.
- Game time is forfeit time.
- There are two types of team substitution patterns allowed:
- Unlimited substitution: Up to 8 Players can bat, but only 4 can play the field at any one time. Everyone is not required to play the field at some point during the contest. Late players must be added to the end of the batting order.
- ASA Re-entry rule: Any of the starting players may be substituted and re-entered once, provided players occupy the same batting positions whenever in the lineup. The starting player and the substitute(s) may not be in the lineup at the same time.
- Players must wait one full inning before re-entering the line-up. A starting player removed from the pitching position can re-enter the game at another position, but cannot return to the pitching position.
- In situations where players at bat are currently on base, they can be substituted for by the player on their team that made the last out.
- Each Team must have no less than 3 and no more than 4 players in the field. The players may be positioned anywhere in fair territory.
- Any foul ball is out of play.
- There is base running.
- Ground-Rule Double: Any batted ball that gets caught in an object in the ceiling (ie, light, basketball goal).
- Home Run: Any batted ball hitting on or above the home run line or over the fence in fair territory.
- The ceiling and all other objects considered part of the ceiling are in play. Balls caught off ceilings and walls are outs. All balls hitting the ceiling and landing in fair play are considered fair.
- If the ball hits the ceiling in fair territory and then proceeds to land in foul territory, ball is considered foul. The ball can still be caught for an out.
- The runner is considered out when the ball is fielded and in the hands of the first baseman before the runner reaches touching first base.
A player can get out in the following ways:
- Force out.
- Tagged out.
- Thrown at and hit by the ball on the shoulders or below.
Co-Rec teams must play with two men and two women. There must be an even number of hitters of each gender in the lineup or an out will be recorded between back-to-back hitters of the same gender.