Meals Only Contract
Please read the following terms carefully. At the bottom of the page you will find a link to the online form that must be submitted for the Meals Only Plan.
On Campus Residents:
A meal plan is automatically provided to you through the “Contract for University Housing”. Completion of the Meals Only Contract is not needed in order to obtain meal plan service. On campus or lease property residents may not substitute Redbucks in place of a residential meal plan.
Terms of the Meals Only Contract
This document is a binding agreement for a University meal plan for the term indicated on the agreement unless approved by the Office of Residence Life for a modified contract period. Meals will be served in accordance with the Residence Hall Calendar, as published in the Residents’ Handbook & Understandings, and in accordance with the University calendar, as published in the Undergraduate Bulletin and other official University publications. University holidays and/or break periods are not included in this agreement and are not included in board rates. The residence halls are closed and food service is not available during the following break periods: Thanksgiving break, semester/winter holiday break, spring break, and summer break. All calendars are subject to change.
Contract Cancellations and Penalty Fees
The Meals Only Contract is a legally binding agreement for the full term of the agreement and any request to cancel this agreement must meet requirements established by the University, and is subject to review and approval by the University.
- Students must contact the Office of Residence Life to request cancellation of the agreement. A “Petition for Contract Cancellation” form must be completed and submitted with all documentation required to verify the stated reason for the request. The request is not considered approved until processed through the Office of Residence Life and a written decision is provided.
- Cancellations will be approved when there is a change in student status with the University (i.e., transfer, withdrawal, suspension, marriage, graduation, etc.).
- Students approved for a contract cancellation will incur financial obligations per the following schedule: Prior to the start of the semester $150 cancellation fee; after the first day of classes $150 cancellation fee + 10% of selected meal plan semester rate.
- The student will receive a pro-rated credit for the remaining meal days of the plan for the semester in which the contract is canceled.
- A $25.00 administrative fee is assessed for processing of all approved requests, in addition to the cancellation fee.
Payment for meal plan fee is to be submitted directly to the Cashier’s Office, One University Plaza, MS 3275, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. Check/Money Order should be payable to: Southeast Missouri State University. Student name, ID number, and the word “Meal Plan” should be noted on the check. Failure to make payments as established by the University may result in cancellation of the contract.
On Campus Students
Students living in the residence halls or leased property are required to have a meal plan. Residence hall students select a meal plan with the “Contract for University Housing”. Leased property residents select a meal plan with the “Meals Only Contract”.
Use of the Meal Plan
This meal plan may be used only by the person indicated on this agreement. The meal plan may not be transferred to another person. Unauthorized use of the meal plan may result in cancellation of the meal plan, restitution for meal costs, and disciplinary action. To obtain meals at University dining facilities, the student assigned to this meal plan must present a valid student I.D. Meal plans may be used at the following dining locations: Towers Dining, Rowdy’s, Olives, Redhawk Market at the University Center, Beanery/Starbucks, and Subway. Meal plans may be utilized at Olives, Redhawk Market, and Rowdy’s through use of Value Exchange and Flex Dollars.
Meal Plan Changes
Meal plans may be changed by contacting the Office of Residence Life. Meal plan charges will be pro-rated based upon the effective date of change. Meal plan changes must be submitted in writing using a “Contract Change Form”. Changes to the meal plan also affect the amount of remaining flex dollars.
Meals are tracked from Sunday to Saturday. Upon cancellation of the contract or the end of the contract term, all flex dollars are forfeited and a credit or refund is not available.