Henderson Hall was acquired by the University in November, 2007. After an extensive
renovation, Henderson became one of the latest Residence Halls open for Southeast
students. Henderson Hall is located on the southwest edge of the Southeast campus
and is directly across from the University Center and Vandiver Hall.
Henderson is the smallest residence hall on campus, housing approx 80 students (new
and returning students), making it a genuinely unique experience. Henderson is a fully
air-conditioned four-story building, with the first floor consisting of a community
laundry room, a large TV lounge and a vending area. The top three floors consist of
40 student rooms, each with its own private full-sized bathroom.
Quick Facts, Dimensions, & Amenities
- Location: Located on the southwest edge of the Southeast campus and is directly across
from the University Center and Vandiver Hall
- Hall Type: Apartment Style (one bedroom, one bathroom)
- Personal bathrooms are cleaned by the resident
- Residential Capacity: 69 beds, 1 RA singles per floor, 3 residential floors
- Room Types: Double Occupancy;
- Approximate Room Measurements: 17’8” W x 12’5” L x 8’ H.
- Window sizes: 4’ H x 2’ W. There are two windows in the room.
- Desktop Measurements: 36” L x 24” W.
- Dresser (3-drawer and movable): 30” W x 24” D x 30” H. Each drawer is approximately
5 ½” D. Each person in the room has their own dresser.
- Built-in Closets (All dimensions are from the floor to the height of the closet rod
(i.e. where you hang your clothes): 42” W x 31” D x 65” H. There is additional storage
above the closet rod for storage.
- Mattress size: 80” L (extra-long twin) Loft kit included
- Approximate Measurement of bed (for storage underneath) 80” L x 39” D x 33” H. This
applies if you raise your bed on the highest rung without lofting. The bed can also
- Space under sink: 18 ½” H x 17 ½” D x 28 ½” W
- Cable Connection: 1 outlet per room
- Community Kitchen: Basement level
- Internet Connection: LAN and Wi-Fi
- Laundry: Basement level
- Telephone: 1 outlet per room (service not included)
- TV Lounge: Basement level
- Vending Machines: snacks and soda
Room and Board Rates