The William A. and Christene Merick Residence Hall, located at the corner of Broadway
and Henderson, is among the first buildings any visitor to the Southeast campus can
see. Merick hall opened its doors for students in August of 2009 and has quickly become
a popular residence hall on the Southeast campus.
Merick hall is a suite style community with double occupancy student room connected
by a shared entrance and bathroom. The residence hall has multiple small living rooms
throughout the building, a large game, laundry room, and hearth room overlooking the
football field, study lounges on each floor, and a dining facility on the 1st floor.
Quick Facts, Dimensions, & Amenities
- Location: South Campus
- Hall Type: Suite Style (residents share bath/shower rooms)
- Suite style bathrooms are cleaned by the resident
- Residential Capacity: 299 beds; 4 floors; 7 wings
- Floor Capacity: 45 resident rooms, 1 RA per wing
- Room Types: Double Occupancy;
- Approximate Room Measurements: 10’11” W x 17’5” L x 10’ H.
- Window sizes: 6’ H x 3’ W; there are two windows in the room.
- Desktop Measurements: 36” L x 24” W.
- Dresser (3-drawer and moveable): 30” W x 24” D x 30” H. Each drawer is approximately
5 ½” D. Each person in the room has their own dresser.
- Wardrobe Dimensions (All dimensions are from the base of the space in the wardrobe
which clothes are hung to the closet rod (i.e. where you hang your clothes): 34 ½”
W x 21 ¾” D x 54” H.
- Mattress size: 80” L (extra-long twin). Loft kit included.
- Approximate Measurement of bed (for storage underneath) 80” L x 39” D x 33” H. This
applies if you raise your bed on the highest rung without lofting. The bed can also
- Space under sink: 28” H x 20” D x 31” W
- Cable Connection: 1 outlet per room
- Community Kitchen: Basement level
- Computer Lab: 1st floor
- Customer Service Desk: 1st floor
- Dining Services: 1st floor - Olives
- Mailboxes: 1st floor
- Internet Connection: LAN (1 per student) and Wi-Fi
- Laundry: Basement level
- Telephone: 1 outlet per room (service not included)
- TV Lounge: On each floor
- Program Lounge: 1st Floor and basement level
- Vending Machines: Basement level, snacks and soda
Room and Board Rates