Towers West offers students a living environment that is well suited to the preferences
of today's students (reserved for returning students). West offers suite-style room
arrangements with ample lounge space on each floor. The suite-style living found in
West is ideal for sophomores, juniors, and seniors who have established good academic
and social support systems on campus.
Each floor includes four four-person suites and three triple rooms. Each suite or
room has its own bath. Students on each floor share access to a laundry room, kitchenette,
and lounge area. The lounge has a large-screen television, comfortable furniture,
and a microwave. The ice machine is located in the first floor lounge.
Quick Facts, Dimensions, & Amenities
- Location: North campus adjacent to Towers Complex
- Hall Type: Suite Style (two bedrooms connected by bathroom)
- Suite style bathrooms are cleaned by the resident
- Residential Capacity: 282 beds; 11 residential floors
- Floor Capacity: Three triples, 8 doubles, 1 RA single per floor
- Room Types: Double or triple occupancy
- Approximate Doubles Room Measurements: 11’ 6” W x 15’L x 9’6” H
- Window sizes Doubles: 60” H x 43.5” W
- Approximate Triples Room Measurements: 20’10” W x 15’2” L x 9’6” H (corner triple)
and 21’6” W x 15’8” L x 9’6” H (end triple). Rooms x07 are end triples, whereas x02
and x12 are corner triples. Rooms 207, 307 and 407 are ADA triples and have slightly
smaller bedrooms and larger bathrooms
- Window sizes Triples: 60.5” H x 43.5” W. There are 2 windows in the room.
- Desktop Measurements: 42” L x 24” W.
- Dresser (3-drawer and moveable): 36” W x 20” D x 30” H. Each drawer is approximately
5 ½” D. Each person in the room has their own dresser.
- Built-in Closets Doubles: (All dimensions are from the floor to the height of the
closet rod (i.e. where you hang your clothes): 75” W x 54” D x 87” H. There is additional
storage above the closet rod for storage. There is one closet for both residents
- Built-in Closets Triples: (All dimensions are from the floor to the height of the
closet rod (i.e. where you hang your clothes): 76 ½” W x 53 ¾” D x 69 ½” H and 48
½” W x 23” D x 69 ½” H. There is additional storage above the closet rod for storage.
There are two closets for residents to share in the x02 and x12 corner triples. There
is one large closet for residents to share in the x07 end triples.
- Mattress size: Extra-long twin 80”
- Approximate Measurement of bed (for storage underneath) 80” L x 39” D x 33” H. This
applies if you raise your bed on the highest rung without lofting. The bed can also
- Space under sink: 22” H x 18 ½” D x 22 ½” W
Within Towers West
- Cable Connection: 1 outlet per room
- Community Kitchen: 1st floor
- Internet Connection: LAN (1 per student) and Wi-Fi
- Laundry: 1st floor
- Telephone: 1 outlet per room (service not included)
- TV Lounge: On each floor
- Program Lounge: 1st floor
Within the Complex
- Computer Lab and IT Technician: 1st floor
- Customer Service Desk: 1st floor
- Towers Dining Center: 2nd floor
- Rowdy’s: 1st floor
- Mailboxes: 1st floor
- ATM: 1st floor
- Vending Machines: 1st floor Snacks and Soda
Room and Board Rates