Are you wondering who is required to live in the residence halls? Southeast has established
a requirement that all full-time students live on campus for two years. In accordance
with the residency requirement, all full-time students must live on campus unless
they meet at least one of the following criteria for exemption from the residency
- Are living with lineal relatives (parent, grandparent) or legal guardian and commuting
from their residence within a reasonable distance (50 miles) of Cape Girardeau.
- Are 21 years of age by the beginning of the semester for which they are enrolled.
- Are a military veteran.
- Have completed at least 57 credit hours, which are accepted by the University towards
earning a degree from Southeast.
- Are married and/or have dependent children in residence.
- Have lived in University housing at Southeast for two years (four semesters, not including