Listen to KRCU on your iPhone and iPod Touch with the Public Radio Tuner iPhone application. KRCU and many other public radio stations are all available to stream on your iPhone or iPod Touch when you install the free Public Radio Tuner application from the iTunes App Store.
Where it Works
The Public Radio Tuner application works on all iPhones and iPod Touches. However, some station streams with a high bitrate (128k or higher) will perform best when using a wifi or 3G connection. Streams that are 64k or lower will play with a wifi, 3G, or EDGE network connection.
Play KRCU From your iPhone or iPod Touch
- From your iPhone or iPod Touch, click the App Store icon.
- From the App Store, click the Search feature.
- Type "public radio" and click Search. Public Radio Tuner will appear in the search results.
- Click Public Radio Tuner. A description of the Public Radio Tuner application displays.
- Click the Free button. It changes to an Install button.
- Click the Install button.
- Wait for the Public Radio Tuner application to be installed.
- Click the Public Radio Tuner icon from the iPhone or iPod Touch Home screen and listen!
This American Life's iPhone app
It's only $2.99, and it's packed with features you will love:
- On-demand access to every TAL radio episode.
- Lists of staff favorites, plus you can save your own favorites lists.
- Countdown to WBEZ's Friday night live feed, which can be streamed in the app.
- Exclusive extras: Ira's and David Sedaris' first radio stories; video of live events; excerpts from the television show; audio of Ira interviewing Terry Gross and vice versa; a word from Torey Malatia (he's real!).
- Just visit the iTunes store to download the app.