In order for you to get the assistance you need in planning your future semesters,
it is imperative that you follow the directions below. Ultimately, responsibility
for scheduling classes and graduating in a timely manner rests with you.
Preparing for the Advising Session
Responsibilities of Education Students (as noted in the Student Handbook)
- Have ALL educational records and transcripts sent to the University
- Make an appointment each semester with advisor before your priority registration date.
Check your registration date online at www.semo.edu/registrar/degreeworks.html
- Your registration date is based on earned hours found in your unofficial transcripts,
not the number of credits listed at the top of your Degree Works page.
- Prepare for your appointment by reviewing your DegreeWorks audit to identify your
program requirements www.semo.edu/registrar/degreeworks.html
- View course selections in the “Look Up Classes” or "Schedule Planner" feature in your
student portal and prepare a list of possible courses
- Develop a list of questions for your advisor
- Complete the enrollment process by enrolling through the portal: http://portal.semo.edu
- Students that have concerns or questions about the Teacher Education Program, their
progress in the program, or specific courses, should always consult their Education
Advisor rather than solicit advice from other students.
Scheduling an Advising Session
In order to obtain your alternate PIN (a personal identity number needed for registration),
you must schedule an advising meeting with your advisor, Dr. Kisat. To sign up for
an advising appointment, please go to Dr. Kisat's office in Carnahan Hall Room 305
and sign up on the sheet outside her door after receiving notification that advising
Admission to the SSED Program
All students in SS200 will be interviewing for admission to the program during their
fall advising session.
- Alternate PINs change each semester. You will need the PIN you receive in the advising
session should you have to drop or add courses next semester, so keep the number where
you can find it.
- You must register for all education courses, except EX390 Psychology and Education
of the Exceptional Child, in person in the Middle and Secondary Education office (Scully
After meeting with the social studies advisor, register for courses online as soon
as your are allowed to do so (see Priority Registration Dates and Directions for Online Enrollment).