- Worldatlas.com :Maps, flags, geography clip-art
- A Teacher's Geographic Guide to the Holocaust
- Historical Atlas of the 20th Century
- Social Studies Lesson Plans: Dr. Marty Levine
- Library of Congress: Page for Teachers
- The New York Times Learning Network
- Social Studies Sources - Dr. Fred Risinger
- Edsitement - National Endowment for the Humanities: Searchable by topic and grade level.
- PBS Teachers Resource: Lesson ideas tied to PBS films; good source for finding relevant films, too.
- 100 Milestone Documents : Major documents in U.S. History and ideas for working with them.
- ReadingQuest.Org: Strategies for reading comprehension applied to social studies.
- C-SPAN Classroom: Resources for civics and U.S. Government; includes many video clips.
- H-High-S: Discussion list for social studies teachers
- Missouri Council for the Social Studies
- National Council for History Education
- National Council for the Social Studies
- Organization of American Historians
- The Society for History Education
- World History Association
Primary Source Sites
- 100 Milestone Documents: Major documents in U.S. History.
- American Memory: Historical Collections for the National Digital Library (Library of Congress)
- American Women's History: A Research Guide
- EarthStation: Audio, video, and photos.
- Historical Texts Project (Hanover College)
- History.Com: The History Channel's archive of speeches and videos.
- Internet Modern History Sourcebook: Divided by subject.
- National Archives- Lessons based on primary source documents.
- Many Pasts: About 1000 primary source documents related to the U.S. survey course.
- Spartacus Educational: A variety of British and U.S. documents.