Your application for student teaching can be processed at the beginning of each semester if you meet the following requirements:
- Successful admission to the Teacher Education Program. For more information, contact the Department of Elementary, Early & Special Education (EESE) or the Department of Middle and Secondary Education (MSE)
- Completion of Block courses with a 2.5 GPA and meet all grade requirements as determined by program. If you are currently in Block III you will be eligible as long as the above is met when grades are in.
- For information on EESE Block courses
- For information on Middle School Block courses
- For information on Secondary School Block courses
If you do not meet all the requirements you will not be eligible to do student teaching. If you have questions you should make an appointment to come in by calling (573) 651-2125, and bring a degree audit with you. Be assured we will try to work with you. We want to enroll you in student teaching when it is your time, and we want to see you succeed.
Please keep in mind that enrollment in student teaching does not guarantee graduation or certification until all requirements are met. One important factor is the state requirement to achieve a passing score on the appropriate licensure exam before you can be certified. Candidates student teaching in Spring 2017 or later must take the new licensure exams required by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).