Chemistry is the branch of natural science that deals with the properties and classification
of matter, the changes that matter undergoes, and the energy associated with these
This degree option satisfies the requirements for certification to the American Chemical
Society (ACS), and as such represents the minimum undergraduate preparation recommended
by the ACS for the professional chemist.
Chemistry students will...
- Gain a rigorous foundation in chemistry, science and math in the context of a broad
- Interact closely with experienced faculty who are recognized for their writing, training,
professional affiliations, and expertise.
- Study in the state-of-the-art, first-rate learning environment provided by the newly
renovated Magill Hall of Science.
- Have opportunities to pursue research and scholarship that help develop independent
thinking and problem solving.
- Have employment opportunities within the department that can provide chemistry-related
work experience prior to graduation.