Certified Athletic Trainers (ATCs) can find employment opportunities in a variety of settings:
- Public and private secondary schools offer jobs through three routes:
- Teaching/athletic training
- Sports medicine clinic outreach
- Full-time athletic trainer
- Colleges and universities offer many job opportunities by way of athletic department staff positions, as well as athletic training education faculty positions.
- USA Olympic program.
- Other possibilities present themselves in the professional sports arena with such organizations as NBA, MLB, NFL, NASCAR, PGA, LPGA, ITF, Cirque de Sole, and Rode.
- Athletic trainers also find that the fast-growing setting of sports medicine clinics provides them with opportunities to work with a number of different health care professionals and diverse patient population through clinical and/or outreach positions.
- Other possible athletic training employment settings include corporate health programs, health clubs, clinical and industrial health care programs, the military and sometimes even Hollywood movie sets.