The study of child development encompasses the human life span from conception through
adolescence and provides a foundation for your professional role in human service
and education careers. Graduates work with children, families, and allied professionals
in instructional, supervisory and support capacities.
Child Development students will…
- Interact one-on-one with qualified faculty in face-to-face and online classes.
- Acquire first-hand knowledge of child development in action through experiential learning
with children and families in a variety of University and community settings.
- Apply child development knowledge to create healthy, supportive learning and care
- Complete a Child Development Career Internship, the capstone of integrated study.
- Be prepared to collaborate with allied professionals in government, corporate, education,
and social service settings.