This degree is offered at our Kennett, Malden, and Sikeston regional campuses in addition to the Southeast Missouri State University Cape campus.
The College of Education creates a supportive climate to help all education majors
meet the rigor of teacher education. Early Childhood students have the opportunity
to participate in Tomorrow’s Teachers Learning Community which links cohort learning
and living opportunities. Students also receive support in preparation for the Missouri
General Education Assessment required for admission. We also provide our future educators
the tools to learn to use and integrate instructional technology across our curriculum.
This program of study is also available at a regional campus (Kennett, Malden, and
Sikeston). Join our EDvolution of future educators!
What You'll Do
- Be certified to teach ages Birth – 3 rd grade upon successful completion of this program
and licensure exams.
- Add on certification in Elementary Education (Grades 1 – 6).
- Participate in multiple field experiences in local classrooms.
- Integrate technology into the curriculum with our EDvolution one-to-one instructional
- Have the opportunity for student teaching abroad, including our partnership with Eagles
College in Iquique, Chile.
- Have opportunities for leadership in our numerous student organizations.
- Have full-time faculty with experience in the classroom as their primary instructors.
What You'll Study
- CE 340 Family School Collaboration
- CF124 Child Health, Nutrition, Safety
- CE 480 Early Childhood Student Teaching
- EL274 Diversity in American Schools
View Department Page