Hospitality management involves planning, organizing and directing of human and material
resources within the lodging, restaurant, travel and tourism, recreational management,
and meeting and convention planning industries.
Hospitality management students gain experiential learning in a 12-credit hour internship
that develops exposure and understanding of actual operations within the hospitality
industry. This experience helps students in identify employment opportunities upon
Hospitality Management students will…
- Interact with faculty with experience in various areas of hospitality management,
including lodging management, culinary arts, catering and event planning.
- Receive personal curriculum advisement from the hospitality management faculty.
- Receive ServSafe® certification, as well as access to scholarships from the Missouri
- Have access to internship locations throughout the United States and abroad.
- Be prepared for management-level careers upon completion of the major and internship