The Bachelor of Science in mathematics with an option in pure mathematics provides
students with an opportunity to study pure mathematics and related fields that lead
to graduate studies or to careers in industry or government.
The required core of this program is composed of calculus, algebra, discrete mathematics,
probability and statistics. In addition, the student can choose from algebra, geometry,
discrete or any other upper level mathematics courses to complete the program.
Pure Mathematics students will…
- Have an opportunity to study and do research with faculty.
- Have the opportunity to work with faculty to present research results at conferences.
- Interact with other mathematics majors through study groups. Be prepared to enter
- Be encouraged to join Math Club.
- Have access to modern computer labs with mathematical and statistical software.
- Work with other students who are studying for student competitions like the Putnam
Exam and the Missouri Collegiate Mathematics Competition.
Live Chat Support Software