Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts in music encounter a curriculum that exposes
them to an in-depth study of music theory, music history, as well as disciplines outside
of music. Students study a foreign language as well. This degree option is unique
in that it requires a minor area of study, giving students the opportunity to explore
the fine arts entrepreneurship program. The Bachelor of Arts degree is fully accredited
by the National Association of Schools of Music.
What You'll Do
- Study and interact with performing artists and educators who are recognized nationally
- Attend classes and lessons on the beautiful River Campus in modern performance facilities.
- Participate in a range of performance ensembles.
- Have the option of adding a minor in fine arts entrepreneurship, further enhancing
the ability to be creative and innovative in developing your chosen career.
- Study in a program that is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
What You'll Study
- MH252 History & Literature of Music from 1827
- MM102 Basic Harmony & Form
- MM105 Aural Skills I
- UI310 American Musical Experience
View Department Page