Political science is the study of governments and governing processes. It focuses
on the institutions of government and international relations, as well as such factors
as interest groups, political parties, public opinion, political economy, voting behavior,
and political philosophy.
Areas of concentration include American government, comparative government and politics,
international relations, public administration and political theory. Southeast's political
science majors regularly intern with local, state and federal elected officials.
Political Science students will…
- Be challenged by exceptionally well qualified faculty members to think systematically
about national and international politics.
- Be exposed to diverse viewpoints on major issues of national and international significance.
- Be exceptionally well prepared for advanced study.
- Have the opportunity to participate in Model United Nations activities.
- Have the opportunity to participate in local, state, and national government internship
- Have access to specialized student organizations (e.g., the Political Science Club
and the Political Theory Club) and student honorary societies.
Live Chat Support Software