Southeast Missouri State University has received AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International Accreditation. AACSB International is the professional association for college and university management education and the premier accrediting agency for bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting.
The primary objective of Southeast's international business program is to provide a specialized curriculum for students interested in in preparing themselves for managerial careers in international business. International business majors will gain competencies in foundational areas of business, further develop core workplace skills, develop an in-depth understanding of the international dimension to business and develop enhanced sensitivity to other cultures. The major is interdisciplinary in nature and emphasizes the development of cultural, financial, managerial, marketing,and economic understanding of international environment.
This program includes course work in
- University Studies (51 hours)
- general business core (39 hours)
- an international business core (9 hours)
- a required minor (3-12 hours in accounting, economics, finance, management or marketing)
- foreign language/cultural classes (3-12 hours) (foreign language or cultural awareness courses depending upon previous multiple language skills displayed).
To supplement course offerings, students are required to participate in an international business related experience. This experience could be satisfied by completing international business study outside the U.S. or participating in an international business oriented internship. This international experience further enhances students' international understanding and capability.
You will have the opportunity to study abroad through short-term programs to various destinations during winter break, spring break and the pre-summer session. Summer school is also offered in a number of destinations worldwide. You will also have the opportunity to study abroad through semester programs in France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Finland, Sweden, Austria, Japan, Korea, Kazakhstan, Australia, Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil.
Requirements for Admission to the International Business program at the Harrison College of Business:
- Earn a minimum 2.5 overall grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of 60 semester hours
- A grade of ‘C’ or better in each lower level business core and support course:
- SC105 – Oral Communication
- EN100 – English Composition
- AD101 – Micro Computer Applications
- MA134 – College Algebra
- EN140 – Critical Thinking
- EC215 – Micro Economics
- MA139 – Applied Calculus
- AD252 – Business Communications
- EC225 – Macro Economics
- AC221 – Financial Accounting
- MG257 – Business Statistics
- BL255 – Legal Environment of Business
- AC222 – Managerial Accounting