Management - Human Resources Management
Southeast Missouri State University has received AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International Accreditation. AACSB International is the professional association for college and university management education and the premier accrediting agency for bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting.
Effectively managing an organization is a demanding task. Managers must not only develop skills related to the functional area of management, but they must also learn how to integrate these activities. What makes this process demanding is that events and activities external and internal to an organization can radically change the techniques and methods managers must use in order to arrive at successful outcomes.
The human resource management option in Southeast's management program emphasizes effective, leading-edge human resources management in all organizational settings. The purpose of the program is to provide students with skills and knowledge in human resource management consistent with the current needs of organizations. Students will acquire specific, in-depth skills necessary to assist organizations in the effective utilization of employee skills and talents.
Requirements for Admission to the Management program at the Harrison College of Business:
- Earn a minimum 2.5 overall grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of 60 semester hours
- A grade of ‘C’ or better in each lower level business core and support course:
- SC105 – Oral Communication
- EN100 – English Composition
- AD101 – Micro Computer Applications
- MA134 – College Algebra
- EN140 – Critical Thinking
- EC215 – Micro Economics
- MA139 – Applied Calculus
- AD252 – Business Communications
- EC225 – Macro Economics
- AC221 – Financial Accounting
- MG257 – Business Statistics
- BL255 – Legal Environment of Business
- AC222 – Managerial Accounting