Southeast Missouri State University has received AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International Accreditation. AACSB International is the professional association for college and university management education and the premier accrediting agency for bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting.
Effectively managing an organization is a demanding task. Managers must not only develop skills related to the functional area of management, but they must also learn how to integrate these activities. What makes this process demanding is that events and activities external and internal to an organization can radically change the techniques and methods managers must use in order to arrive at successful outcomes.
Southeast's management program helps students develop those skills and aptitudes necessary for success and leadership positions in business and not-for-profit organizations in the 21st century. The development of one's skills working with people and groups as well as decision making is at the focus of this program of study.
Requirements for Admission to the Management program at the Harrison College of Business:
- Earn a minimum 2.5 overall grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of 60 semester hours
- A grade of ‘C’ or better in each lower level business core and support course:
- SC105 – Oral Communication
- EN100 – English Composition
- AD101 – Micro Computer Applications
- MA134 – College Algebra
- EN140 – Critical Thinking
- EC215 – Micro Economics
- MA139 – Applied Calculus
- AD252 – Business Communications
- EC225 – Macro Economics
- AC221 – Financial Accounting
- MG257 – Business Statistics
- BL255 – Legal Environment of Business
- AC222 – Managerial Accounting