Marketing - Marketing Management
Southeast Missouri State University has received AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International Accreditation. AACSB International is the professional association for college and university management education and the premier accrediting agency for bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting.
Within the organization, the purpose of marketing is to manage the interface of the organization with its competitive and customer environment. Marketing provides information about customer wants and needs, competing means available to the customer for satisfying them, relative strengths and weaknesses of these alternatives from the customer’s perspective, and opportunities for the organization to distinguish itself in terms of the customer’s evaluation.
Specific topics of study include market segmentation and targeting, customer behavior, customer service, marketing research, new product development, channels of distribution, logistics, communications, and sales force management.
Requirements for Admission to the Marketing program at the Harrison College of Business:
- Earn a minimum 2.5 overall grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of 60 semester hours
- A grade of ‘C’ or better in each lower level business core and support course:
- SC105 – Oral Communication
- EN100 – English Composition
- AD101 – Micro Computer Applications
- MA134 – College Algebra
- EN140 – Critical Thinking
- EC215 – Micro Economics
- MA139 – Applied Calculus
- AD252 – Business Communications
- EC225 – Macro Economics
- AC221 – Financial Accounting
- MG257 – Business Statistics
- BL255 – Legal Environment of Business
- AC222 – Managerial Accounting