The BFA in design/theatre technology is a pre-professional training program that prepares
students for careers in the technical aspects of theatre production and has an emphasis
on experiential and academic training. Design and technology majors have the opportunity
to participate in six large-scale and several smaller productions each year. They
also attend regional and national theatre festivals.
The rigorous training and varied experiences of this BFA provides an excellent foundation
for graduate study or careers in advanced stagecraft and design. Graduate programs
include the BFA, BA and PhD programs.
Theatre Design & Technology students will…
- Train with experienced faculty and staff in the areas of scenic design and painting,
lighting and sound design, costume design, and construction.
- Prepare for rewarding careers as a professional theatrical designer or technician.
- Study and train in the beautiful River Campus, a multimillion dollar facility devoted
to the visual and performing arts.
- Benefit from an established program of collaboration with professional guest designers
in the areas of scene, lighting, sound and costumes.
- Establish relationships with professional dancers, choreographers, and dance companies
through internships, intensives, dance festivals, and a Senior Showcase in New York
Live Chat Support Software