The BFA in musical theatre is a pre-professional training program designed to prepare
students for a career in musical theatre with an emphasis on experiential and academic
training. Musical theatre majors have the opportunity to perform in four mainstage
productions a year, two Second Stage productions, perform in voice concerts, and attend
regional and national theatre festivals.
The rigorous training and varied experiences of the BFA in musical theatre provides
an excellent foundation for graduate study or careers in performance, academics, and
Musical Theatre students will…
- Train with experienced faculty and staff in the areas of acting, singing, voice, and
- Prepare for rewarding career as a professional capable of performing in a variety
- Study and train in the beautiful River Campus, a multimillion dollar facility devoted
to the visual and performing arts.
- Benefit from an established program of collaboration with professional guest actors,
directors, singers, casting agents, and designers.
- Establish relationships with professional actors, directors, and singers through internships,
outside auditions, master classes, artist residencies, theatre festivals, and a Senior
Showcase in NYC.