Testing Services and Counseling & Disability Services have established guidelines
for Special Testing Accommodations available to students with disabilities to meet
obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Students requesting special testing accommodations need to apply with Disability Serviceseach semester. They are located in the University Center, Room 302. Special testing
accommodations available include extended time, a solitary environment, use of computer/word
processor, scribe and/or a reader.
- Instructors will be notified of students requiring test accommodations due to a disability
through a memo from Disability Services. Testing Services will have a copy of each
student's faculty notification memo on file in order to identify/verify what appropriate
accommodations are necessary.
- Faculty and students should discuss how testing accommodations will be provided with
the student. If planning to use the resources of Testing Services, the student will
need to call (573) 651-2836 to schedule an appointment. The student is responsible
for notifying their instructor of the appointment time and providing him/her with a Special
Testing Accommodations form. The instructor is responsible for completing their portion
of the form and forwarding it, along with the exam, to Testing Services in time for
the scheduled exam. Copies of the Special Testing Accommodations form are available at Testing Services,
or you can download the form below. We can accept the form and exam by fax at 986-6032, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by campus mail at MS 3970.
- One-Week notice is required to guarantee accomodations for an exam.
- In order to provide accommodations, we may require that a test be given at a time
other than the regularly scheduled class period.
- Student accommodations will be met to the greatest extent possible. Students are assured
"sufficient" not "preferred" accommodations under Section 504 and the ADA Preferences
are not guaranteed nor required.
- All testing accommodations that are not provided by Testing Services should be requested
through Disability Services.
Questions about these guidelines for testing of students with disabilities should
be directed to Disability Services at (573) 651-5927 or Testing Services (573) 651-2836.