MAPP 1 - Entrance MAPP Exam for Incoming Students
The Measure of Academic Proficiency and Progress (MAPP) exam measures students general education skills. This allows Southeast to gauge the general education skills acquired as a student at Southeast. The MAPP is required when entering the university and again the semester of graduation. The MAPP exam is a 2-hour multiple choice test taken via computer. There is no cost for the exam.
Entrance MAPP Exam for Incoming Students
During First Step Orientation, students will be enrolled in MX001 course indicating that the student will take the MAPP test during the first semester. Failure to take the MAPP test during the first semester will result in a hold placed on the student's record restricting registration for the following semester courses.
Who Needs to Take the MAPP 1 Exam
- First-time student with no credit hours
- First-time student with less than 60 hours
- Returning student with less than 60 hours
- First-time Transfer student will less than 60 hours (with or without a degree)
Online students are required to take the MAPP 1 exam. If the schedule below is not sufficient, online students may request for a proctor to administer the exam near their location. Test Services will coordinate proctoring procedures with the student. Online-students may contact Testing Services at 573-651-2836 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Test Dates are listed in the registration form.
To register for an Entrance MAPP 1 test, select a test date and time listed in the registration form.
- You will need to submit your Southeast Key (ex. sestudent1s) and password before the registration page will appear.
- When the registration page is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation indicating your registration for the MAPP 1 Exam, providing the date, time, and location of the exam.
- To change an existing schedule, contact Testing Services directly at 573-651-2836.
- If date listed does not appear in the drop-down menu on the registration form, the test date is no longer available. Additional dates may appear in the menu before this page is updated.