This application is for current students and incoming students (fall 2015) applying
for admission to the BFA Program AND all students (BFA or BA) applying for 2015-2016
All Scholarship Applicants must have:
- filled out and submitted this application before or on the date of the audition/interview;
- applied to Southeast Missouri State University as a major in the Department of Theatre
- achieved an Enhanced ACT composite score of at least 21;
- earned a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale);
All Applicants Emphasizing Musical Theatre or Acting must:
- present two contrasting audition pieces at one of the aforementioned auditions;
- Option A: 2 60-second monologues (modern or contemporary)
- Option B: 1 60-second monologue & 1 musical theatre song (32 bars)
- Option C: 2 songs (32 bars each)
Note: Please bring your music with you, as an accompanist will be provided.
All Applicants Emphasizing Musical Theatre must:
- Learn and perform a 16-count jazz dance combination
Note: Please bring a change of clothing for this portion of the audition. There is nothing
All Applicants Emphasizing Dance must:
- participate in the dance master class at one of the aforementioned audition dates;
- present a prepared one-minute solo in any dance style. (Please remember to bring your own music CD or MP3 device)
All Applicants Emphasizing Design must:
- present a portfolio of photographs, drawings, draftings, or sketches of past productions,
art class projects, photography, etc.
All Scholarship Recipientsmust:
- remain a major in the Department of Theatre & Dance;
- maintain a 2.5 cumulative Southeast grade point average;
- maintain a 3.0 cumulative Theatre & Dance grade point average;
- earn no lower than a “B” in all Rehearsal & Production classes;
- complete 30 credit hours per academic year;
- demonstrate, in the judgment of the Theatre & Dance faculty, acceptable artistic growth
in her or his designated area of emphasis; and
- fulfill all duties to the best of her or his ability while maintaining a positive
and professional attitude.
Scholarship Amounts & Additional Scholarships
- All Theatre & Dance Scholarships are renewable with acceptable progress (see above) and are valued at $500, $1,000, or $1,500.
- All additional Merit-based Academic Scholarships (e.g., President’s, Regents’, & Governor’s.) and Leadership Award Scholarships are awarded
automatically to qualified students as they are admitted into the university and may
affect the award amount of Theatre & Dance Scholarship.
- Students whose financial aid is already at the highest level due to Regents’ or Governor’s
Scholarships, are encouraged to audition for a Theatre & Dance Scholarship, although
they may not be eligible for additional money. However, those students, as long as
they continue to meet Theatre & Dance Scholarship requirements, may be awarded a Theatre
& Dance Scholarship their sophomore, junior, or senior year should they not meet the
renewal criteria of the academic scholarship, if funding is available.